Tuesday, February 22, 2011

If You're Bored, Then You're Boring

I have an itch.

I shower. I change my bedsheets and pillowcase. I wear clean clothes. Ah, but see, this itch is not the kind that can be put to rest with any kind of medicated lotion (for some reason the sunday radio station never fails to advertise all kinds of medicated save-your-horrid-skin lotion). This happens to be an itch for things of the past. Throughout my Love Attempt I found myself connecting every memory with sounds and sights. Those of my earlier childhood. I dove head first into it, and I'm not a good swimmer, but I think I'll be alright.

The only way to soothe this itch has been to completely immerse myself. I find myself watching reruns of The Secret World of Alex Mack, and Sister Sister. I watch 10 Things I Hate About You and discover a feeling of nausea in consequence of the fact that dear Heath has passed on, and that Julia Stiles isn't a more featured actress. Watching White Oleander and hating Michelle Pfeiffer the whole time (and not even because of the acidity of her character) but loving the insane complexity of the story. Listening to Alanis Morissette, Natalie Merchant, Sheryl Crow, Fiona Apple,  Natalie Imbruglia.

Guess who's itching for 90's/ Early 2000?

This kid.
It looks painful, doesn't it?



1 comment:

megan ann. said...

Haha, I love this. I sometimes like to relive the memories of my past :).