Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sarah Davis

Since November there have been many deaths of people I interacted with closely: 
Steve Robinson, Dale Lebaron, Porter Fisher, and most recently 




Sarah Davis.

I wrote this song for their families. I couldn't think to call it anything, so it's called Sarah Davis. To listen to the song click here
                                              
Why does it have to be so hard to let them go, to let life flow, we may never know

We cry and cry, our tears fill the night, and no one knows our sorrow like the willow

Children lose their mothers, mothers lose a child, husbands lose their wives, friends are laid to rest, the best of the best

We try and try, to make it right, to let them shine, though they are gone
    
And here in my heart, where they live on, love will go on, no one can take that away
        
The pain feels hollow in my chest, cold and empty- i cannot rest
  
The sun, it seems, won't start, this pain thats deepened my heart, a cavern a chasm of sorrow

But here comes love, on the wings of a dove, light as air and warm as sun


Children lose their mothers, mothers lose a child, husbands lose their wives, friends are laid to rest, the best of the best

We try and try, to make it right, to let them shine, though they are gone
         
Cuz hurt and pain will never change the glory of the ones who leave us now
              
They go on

So take a moment for a smile in memory, dry your eyes, the love will be.


2 comments:

megan ann. said...

Oh my goodness Ruthie. You are amazing. & so talented. How come your not a famous singer/songwriter yet?

I'm sure that will be such an incredible gift for their families. Such great lyrics. That's so sad...I'm sorry about your losses... :(. ♥

Kayla said...

Lovely! you made me cry