Sunday, June 5, 2011

Face ornaments. mine help me see. really.

So apparently it's my life long dream to have a pair of glasses for every day of the week and then some. I love my glasses a lot. And because I love them so much, I want more.




 I've had good times with these guys, even though people made fun of me when I got them.
 I got my first pair in ninth grade (the clear/gray ones) and my second (clear/pink) the summer before my junior year.
The attendant at my optometrist's office refused to take me seriously when I told her I had made my selection. She warned me to be serious. She followed me around, convinced I would cave and tell her I was only playing a joke.

But I really, really wasn't.

I loved them.

She even yelled to me, as we went out the door, that I had 24 hours to call and say I'd changed my mind.

She was pushy. Kind of rude. But whatever.

Maman did hate them though...

BUT low and behold four years later, everyone and their dogs are wearing my kind of frames. Even the little guys who don't actually need corrective lenses. 

So ha, lady, HA

wanna say hello to my new friends?


toffee 

Black

Maman isn't a real fan of toffee. She says they look like man glasses. But hey, it's my face. 

And do you want to know the best part?

these beauties are only costing me a grand total of $37.

I'm a huge fan of Etsy.


1 comment:

Eva said...

I'm learning to love my glasses, though it does feel so freeing to slip on the ol' contacts at times :D

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com