Sunday, September 18, 2011

"Drugs are so bad"

First of all, if you have yet to see Super 8, just do it. You won't regret it (think Goonies on crack). Speaking of drugs:



I saw this commercial when I was eight or nine, maybe even younger, and I'm pretty sure I only saw it once. I don't think I fully understood the words of the song at the time, but I could tell that whatever meth was, it was bad. So I guess the PSA guys reached their goal with that one. It's not something I ever forgot. Randomly that ending line ("meth, ooh! meth!") will just pop into my head, like today. 



It's funny how little things like that stay with you.

1 comment:

Hutch's Blog said...

Interesting fact for ya: speaking with a friend of mine whose minor was in addiction counseling said that DARE was not a program that worked well in schools. Simply for the fact that meth is the only drug in which scare tactics work to keep people from using it.