Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Call It Off

all of it, just call it off.

Once upon a time I was a wee, soon-to-be-junior in high school.
Ashley and I practiced this song daily, all summer, until we had it so polished we could see our faces in it.

That November, when tryouts were nearly upon us, Ashley did this thing called "Pulling-a-fast-one" on me.
I learned Boats & Birds in four days time.
We auditioned.

Apparently we were a hit.


This is what we would have sung.



Every time I hear this song I think of Ashley's sunny, painted basement and taking benadryl everyday after school to keep from being killed by cat dander and hair.
Lovely memories.
All of them.

3 comments:

Katie Bell said...

I loved that duet you and Ashley did. Seriously, words can't describe how beautiful it was. You're oh so talented Ruthie!

Tam said...

You make me jealous.

Hutch's Blog said...

I definitely remember that performance of Boats and Birds. I didn't need to watch the video to remember it. I have to say it's too freakin' bad that those amateurs at Timpanogos didn't mic the guitar.