Sunday, May 6, 2012

ruthie.von MUSIC



Most recent upload:



take a listen to some of my original songs:




Singing is definitely a passion of mine. If I could, I would do nothing else.
From the time I was very young singing was a big part of my life. My parents met in a church choir in Mexico, and they always sang to us, it was only natural for myself and my siblings to sing along. I always sang to myself at all times of the day, and while it was something I loved I never thought I was any good. Throughout elementary school as I tried to make singing a bigger part of my life I joined the school chorus and auditioned for solos there as well as in musical performances the school put on, and there I was always denied. In the fifth grade we put on a musical, after auditioning I was cast as a non-singing cast member. Over and over I was told I was no good. As junior high came, I stopped auditioning for solos, but I kept taking choir because singing meant so much to me.

Then came a change. In the ninth grade we were required to to do a solo & ensemble for choir. In a group with three other girls I sang The Prayer, after our performance two friends of mine ran up to me asking why they had never heard me sing before, "You've got to sing a solo!" Friends are always saying nice things, and I took it as such. But after that I tried again.

Since then I've been singing, it's just something I love to do. I'm still making progress as to sharing my music, but I hope you can enjoy it.

ruthie.von

3 comments:

Leann Allred said...

Miss Ruthie... when the time comes, I want nothing more than your voice at my wedding. How much do you charge?

Anonymous said...

your voice is sooo preetttyy.
is there anyway i can download these?

Anonymous said...

Your music is really good.
Pride is a sin.