Friday, July 13, 2012

I've taken a day

to try getting over chip kidd and his rude habit.


Even now I can't make sense of that ending.
Himillsy was fading away
and Hap was just too sleep deprived and grief stricken.
How does it end?
And Mabes' thumb, was it supposed to be symbolic?
It all seemed so literal until then
and at the same time, not.

Don't misunderstand me.

I didn't cry because I was sad the book was over.
I was angry.
swirling in thoughts that led to nowhere.
left staring at my empty hands waiting only for my fiends, my beastly entrails, to make their entrance.

I had been connected and then disconnected in the most disparaging way.

Severed.


I'm moving on.


But I'm on my toes, 
wary.

I hope I can love Meg for what she's done when I've finished here.
I hope I can.
and I think I will.


Meanwhile, I daydream.
Taking ol' Chippy by the nose and leaving dirt upon his tongue.


No comments: