Sunday, September 2, 2012

hmmm

sometimes I wish I felt more comfortable here.
comfortable enough to be open, candid.

I think I used to be more comfortable.
but the more people that read, the more I hold back.
I suppose it's a way of guarding myself, and it surprises me because I don't usually feel like a very guarded person.
But I hate to be misunderstood, it's horrible to be misunderstood.
I don't want to say what I mean and have you misunderstand me.
It's not a paranoid thought because it happens all the time, words can twist and bend when I can't place my voice for inflection or emphasis.

Also, I'm known to ramble, I've been working on being more concise in my posts.
but I only feel like the more I cut out, the more room you have to misunderstand me.

Maybe you think I'm ridiculous, too conservative, too religious.
you might even think I'm naive, and you know, maybe I am, but I don't mind.

I've been reading my friend Kayla's blog and wishing I could write more like she does, she just says what's on her mind, and she makes it entertaining.


anyway. these are just thoughts.

4 comments:

Lauren Elizabeth said...

amen. I feel the same.

Tam said...

Same here

Kayla said...

Aww thank you!

Mallory said...

NO WAY you met miranda?!!?! I am totes jelly.


and I wish I could be more open, also...