Monday, November 26, 2012

All my love to long ago

Meredith is a lovely little bucket, as well as the author of a lovely little blog and she asked these questions.
So here I am answering them (there was supposed to be a little more to this post like asking my own questions and passing them on to another bloggess, but alas I'm  boring. Sorry...)
Here Goes...


1. do you collect anything? if so, what?
Junie B. Jones books, letters from Kameron, state quarters.

2. what song describes your life right now?
Mmmm. Blood Brothers, Ingrid Michaelson. I love seeing things that help humanize people in my eyes. I hate to be a critical person, but it comes naturally. Loving people takes work, but it's my favorite kind of work. 

3. what is your favorite season?
Winter. Always winter. I love fall but Winter makes me fall in love. The eternal quiet of the snow, the bite of the cold air, the grey skies and snowlit nights. Al of it, just all of it. Always Winter.

4. favorite starbucks drink?
I don't think I've ever actually had a drink from Starbucks, maybe I had a hot chocolate once?

5. what is your favorite part of your room?
My bookshelf, it's pleasingly colored with my favorite books.

6. is there anything in your life you are unsatisfied with? how could you change that?
I'm working on straightening out my priorities. I tend to lack motivation, I'm not a good planner, and I rarely make or meet goals. Right now Id like to be better focused spitirually. I've put that on the back burner as of late and I know that if I can reverse that I'll find room for a more solid sense of direction and purpose in my life.

7. what do you believe in?
I believe in a lot of things but they all make a round trip back to the gospel and the principals I've been taught. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints is central to my life. It has shaped me to be the person I am and is continually shaping me into the person I want to be. It's what gives me my love for life and the reason I know that no matter what happens, good or bad, in my life I have no reason to fear. I'm not perfect and I make mistakes on a daily basis, but everyday I'm trying to be better. 

8. what was your favorite fairytale as a child?
Snow White. Hands down. 

9. do you have any obsessions?
um. I'm thinking really hard, but I'm coming up blank...

10. describe to us your dream date.
Just going anywhere or doing anything with Kameron, but one day in the future I think it will be so so lovely to go back to South Carolina with Kam and see all the places, and people he has loved.

11. share some good reads with us (can be blogs, books, poems, whatever.)
Blogs: 
Mariel's Journey- everyone can learn something beautiful from Mariel. I love her.
This is Prime- Mardi's a gem, a funny, quirky, cat-loving gem.
Happiness Is- Sara is just lovely, the taxidermy freaks me out, but she's just too good to miss.
Page Strewn- Bethany is a fracking poet. nuff said.
and of course All My Love to Long Ago and Morganic Ramblings- call me a dunce but I only JUST realized they were sisters... duh-doy, ruth.

and so many books, but I think you would hate me if I listed them all...
that and I have to get to work.
Peace out y'all.
and thank you to dear Meredith for the questions.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

why thank you for the kind words, you're delightful :)

& i enjoyed your answers quite much.

and yep, that's my older sister! crazy, huh?