Sunday, November 4, 2012

It's calling

Last night I had a dream.
It was today, Sunday, and we were sitting, like usual, in the second row.
The member of the bishopric who was conducting announced that the ward choir would be performing a musical number.
The creaking and hollow thumping of movement that followed burned my ears.
As they began to sing I sunk low in my seat, my knees touching the pew ahead of me, the top of my head barely clearing the backrest, my eyes shut tight, when my stomach began.
It gurgled and bubbled, making some infernal noise. I cast my hands over my abdomen in hopes of quieting the beast. But it continued to blare. I looked up suddenly to find the choir no longer singing. Not singing, just staring. Staring along with the whole congregation. Staring at me while my stomach sang...

"You're not only a voice, you're a stomach!", someone exclaimed, "A stomach and a voice!"

Does that make me better? I thought to myself, Now that I have more to offer? Does that make me better?

But no answer was given, not here...

What do I make of it? It's an amalgam of thoughts I've been carrying. Can you tell which thoughts they are?
What do you make of it?

No comments: