Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas Lovers!

I do enjoy you all. So much.
I've been a bit absent as of late. I live my life on instagram in the most obnoxious way, if you want to be annoyed you can follow me: ruthievon.

But here I am to share a little Christmas joy with you.
I got to talk to Kam today.
That boy is most adorable.
As part of my Christmas present he sent me a bunch of his sketches (they've been inside a lot lately due to his companion running into some medical problems. But he's on the mend, so huzzah!).

That's me. On an elephant. That boy knows me too well.




The robot. This robot is one of the first things I ever saw Kam draw. I love him.



That's me. This is the only thing I've ever seen Kam draw this way. His style usually sticks to the cartoony. This is nuts.

He even got my lip mole.
I love that kid.
He made me a shirt with my beloved robot on it.


For the last five minutes of his call today the phone was taken off speaker and placed in my hands.
This did not occur last Christmas or on Mother's Day.
It was funny to hear his voice in my ear the way I did every night for two years. That responsive voice had been absent from my ears for an entire year.
"Hey there, " I crooned in the southern drawl that always appears when I talk to Kameron on the phone.
He chuckled in my ear,
"Hi," he said and stayed silent. I took my cue to ramble a bit, he continued to chuckle on the other end.
"Excellent, excellent," he said after the end of each of my sentences. I was well at ease but still feeling odd with his voice in my ear after so long. There was a lull as I waited for him to participate. He took a deep breath and sighed.
"Hmm," I breathed, resurrecting our tacit way of asking What are you thinking?
"I don't know. I don't... even really know why but, I'm just really nervous right now."
He let out a heavy breath and I listened with my eyes closed as he said, "I just really like ya."
With eyes open I let out a loving sigh, cooed at him a bit and he told me he loved me. I bit my lip and smiled and told him I loved him too.
And then it was time for him to go.

It's strange to think he's been gone a whole year. It doesn't feel like it's been that long, but also it does.
It's even stranger to think that by next Christmas he'll be here again.
I look forward to that Christmas.





5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Aww, those drawings are fantastic!Merry Christmas dear!:)

Bethany said...

Your life is like the best book I've ever read.

lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren Elizabeth said...

mmm yes, exactly. I am excited to watch the rest of your love story unfold. Tim just told me he was excited for me to get in the mission field, haha. We're *almost as romantic as you guys. ;) love ya girl! (above comment was me on the wrong account)

Hutch Y. said...

Love the drawings. Do you worry that you'll perhaps find someone else in the singles ward before he gets back home?