Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Mighty Sequoyah

If you've been here for any length of time then the name The Mighty Sequoyah will ring a bell (even if it's a tiny one, it will ring). They are hands down my favorite local band. But really, I have a lot favorites, but they are in place numero uno. For realzuzzz.

I'm a little obsessed, constantly listening to their addicting harmonies and intoxicating lyrics.

You guys, if you haven't heard them you can't even begin to imagine what you're missing.

I love love LOVE to hear them live. It's what I have to imagine drugs must be like.

Only guess what. Caleb (the lead singer) is heading off to Taiwan to serve the Lord for two years. What a guy, huh? Which means no more Sequoyah shows for at least two years. Bummer.

BUT they're releasing their third album sometime soon, and of course there are two previous albums to listen to and wear out completely. Those things are full of GOLD, people, GOLD.








I'm so crazy excited for tonight and tomorrow night. This is going to be the best weekend of my life.
And of course they took into account that I work saturday nights, so they made sure to have their final concerts on Thursday and Friday (just kidding they don't know anything about my work schedule, and even if they did it probably wouldn't have made a difference, BUT I CAN PRETEND THAT THEY LOVE ME AS MUCH AS I LOVE THEM.)

Also I did a cover of one of their songs.


farewell for now my lovely band.

No comments: