Saturday, February 1, 2014

last night

A girl who works in the administration office at the library saw me at the Mideau/Polytype/Richie Kissinger show.
We talked for a while and she asked me if I was artistic, because I "have an artsy look" about me. Sadly, I had to tell her no. I have none art skills. Boo. She went on to ask me if I was a musician. Again, I said no. I play a little guitar and sing. I'm not sure I qualify as a musician.

Some random kid from my high school came up and asked me if I was playing in the show. When I said no he said "But you're in a band, right?" again I said no.

After Katie and I got settled in behind the merch table for the night, Spencer asked me what I was up to with my music/singing. I told him there wasn't anything, really. When he asked why not I said I didn't have a whole lot to go off of.


what is wrong with me, people?

As soon as I sort of settle into the idea of doing something besides music everyone decides that I should be doing it. And then I feel like a directionless slacker.

but also it spurs me on. Like maybe I might do something with "my music".
If I ever talk myself into actually letting anyone hear it...

it's a journey, or something.

ugh.

2 comments:

Hailey said...

YOU ARE SO AN ARTIST! And you are a dang good one. Your voice is so unique and gorgeous. Follow your dreams girl! You deserve to!

sydnee said...

I think you have a lovely voice and you could definitely do something with it (I'm probably booking you for my wedding, whenever I find a guy...:)
But if you feel like you should do something else I say,
It's your life, your future, do what you want, not what other people want you to do :)