Wednesday, June 4, 2014

All the things

they be comin together.

I've decided I'll be moving in to our apartment next week probably. Because here's the thing. I'm not really afraid of being alone. It's more that I just like living at home, knowing that there will be someone to talk to when I get there. Sometimes it's hard for me to enjoy forced alone time. I can be super happy alone, but when I've chosen to be.

Living in provo, my roommates and I had opposite schedules and more days than not I was by myself. And even at work I would wander the library for four hours by myself, talking to no one. I hated it. 

But then it got worse. As introverted as I am, being alone so much of the time made me even more introverted. It got to the point that I would be mad when someone at work would try to talk to me. Why couldn't they just leave me alone?
And when my roommates would all be home together I'd stay in my room with the door shut waiting until they left so that I didn't have to hear their muffles voices anymore. So that I could get comfortable again in my blanket of silence. 

It was the worst. I loved my roommates and the people at work were kinda weird but they weren't bad. And I hated that I felt that way all the time. It took me an minute to get out of that funk.

And when this whole "move into the apartment by yourself for two months" thing came up, I was like 'uh-uh'.

But the more I've thought about it, more I realize that it doesn't have to be that way again. Our apartment is 5 blocks from the salon, 6 blocks from work, and we live in OREM. It's not a trek and a half on the bus to go see my family. 
I have no car, but I bought a bike for provo living and have hardly ridden in for lack of leisure time, but now it's going to be my way of getting around. And I don't been hate that because who doesn't love their bike?

I'm working it out and I think it's going to be fine.

No comments: