Wednesday, July 9, 2014

It's been rough

In the last week my confidence has taken quite a blow. 
When I noticed Asher and kaden's hair getting shaggy I asked kam's mom if he wanted to bring them in for a cut. She said she didn't think they needed it quite yet. 
Just days later their hair was cut, and not well I might add. I could have done that.

In the last three weeks I've spent at least fifteen hours making Makenzi blonde. She wanted to go blonde, I told her it would be a little bit of a process because she had so many different levels of artificial color in her hair. On Saturday I called her to come in and put in highlights/lowlights to make it more natural and take her to the color level she wanted, she told me she didn't have time. Sunday night she box-dyed her hair dark. It was splotchy and uneven. I told her I'd help her fix it, if she'd come to me in the first place we could have avoided it. The next time I saw her, her hair was jet black. 

Andi keeps askin me for advice on her hair, when I suggest helping her by being the one to cut or highlight it, she balks and stops talking to me about it. 

I realize that I'm still new to all of this, and I'm still learning, but it really sucks to realize that the people close to you don't trust you or love you enough to support you in what you want to do. 

It's making me mad. 
But more than that it just makes me really really sad.

It's disheartening and discouraging and just makes me feel really badly.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Girl, what the heck?!? If I lived close to you, I'd let you cut my hair!!